To improve the quality of life for all City residents by identifying and pursuing state and federal funded housing, economic development, public facilities, infrastructure, recreation, and community planning projects supported by city residents and other community organizations.
Vision for Downtown
Working shoulder to shoulder with other community organizations, we strive to create economic opportunities, improve housing conditions and enhance amenities for the city’s residents. We have contributed to infrastructure improvements, like sidewalks, street lighting, sanitary and water systems, and landscaping. The City has developed an exciting vision for its downtown and waterfront revitalization program. A public and private endeavor supported by resources and funding from NYS Department of State, NY Office of Community Renewal, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation and NYS Division of Housing and Community Renewal, revitalization efforts include improvements to streetscape, preservation of historical buildings, as well as redevelopment of the lakefront.
Our Plan to Grow
Economic Development is building places where people want to live, work and invest by
- Stimulating new investment
- Adaptively reusing old assets
- Building new community assets
- Revitalizing communities and neighborhoods, particularly downtown business districts
- Preserving critical environmental resources
- Encouraging sustainable development
- Creating intergovernmental partnerships and collaborative projects
- Enhancing public awareness and pride