In early April, Governor Cuomo announced a $10 million opportunity for 1 community in each of the 10 Regional Economic Development areas with an existing and progressing Downtown.The City of Plattsburgh submitted an application to be considered as the North Country Regional $10 million recipients.
- Arts, Cultural Development – assisting the NCCCA in the renovation of the Strand Theater.
- Main Street Facade Improvement Projects – in collaboration with Lake City LDC
- Street scape Amenities – Benches, Trash Baskets, Bicycle Racks
- Installation of Wayfinding Signage
- Grant Assisted Projects Include:
- Creation of the Seven Point Hub Entryway to Downtown from Dock St. Landing
- Construction of a 1.3 mile pedestrian/bicycle trail along the shore of Lake Champlain (photo of trail north)
- Restoration of the Strand Theater
- Owner-occupied and investor housing rehabilitation
- Commercial Building Improvement Program
Bridge Street Market Stalls
Clinton Street Renaissance
- Owner occupied and investor housing rehabilitation.
- Storefront Renovation
- Apartment creation
Local Waterfront Revitalization Program
- Improve access and use of public lakefront areas along Plattsburgh’s Lake Champlain shoreline.
- The relocation of the Canadian Pacific Rail Yards and remediation of the site opened up approximately 14 acres for redevelopment to include a waterfront hotel, a 3-acre waterfront park and a public boat launch parking site. Once completed, this project will create a gateway to the City, improve boater access, provide tourist facilities, and improve access to the lake for picnicking, fishing, and boating.
- Grant awarded to study how to mitigate adverse conditions at the Water Treatment Plant, located adjacent to proposed hotel site.
Economic Development Initiatives
Does your business need a face lift?
Do you need equipment or need to expand your store or office?
Do you require a new location?
You may be eligible for assistance!
What do I need to apply?
Please print out the following documents, complete the required information and bring to this office!
- Fee Agreement Letter
- Asset Liability Statement
- Income Expense Statement
- Loan Application
- Program Guidelines
- Fireworks Permit
- Projects must create or retain existing jobs for low/moderate income family members
- Projects must be located in the City limits.
- Federal wage requirements may apply to commercial rehabilitation projects.